Links to Online Information about Mixed Connective Tissue DiseaseThe following links will take you to in depth internet information and articles about the disease symptoms that comprise MCTD, as well as current discussions on medications and health maintenance alternatives. Click on what interests you below.
Download our 2 page PDF [opens in new window]
- The Mayo Clinic Web site has an information page on mixed connective tissue disease that can be found at the following link. Click on The Mayo Clinic to view the information page.
- The Merck Manuals Online Medical Library provides information on this condition for patients and caregivers.
- The National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) is a federation of more than 130 nonprofit voluntary health organizations serving people with rare disorders. Click on the link to view information on this topic.
In Depth Information
- Medscape Reference provides information on this topic. You may need to register to view the medical textbook, but registration is free.
Mixed Connective-Tissue Disease
Pediatric Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
Dermatologic Manifestations of Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- The Merck Manual for health care professionals provides information on Mixed connective tissue disease.
- Orphanet is a European reference portal for information on rare diseases and orphan drugs. Access to this database is free of charge.
- PubMed is a searchable database of medical literature and lists journal articles that discuss Mixed connective tissue disease. Click on the link to view a sample search on this topic.
*National Center for Advanced Translation Sciences: Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center: citing sources (https://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/gard/7051/mixed-connective-tissue-disease/resources/1) (12/29/14)
Cleveland Clinic, Health Hub, Diseases and Conditions
Mayo Clinic, Discusses RNP Antibodies, IgG, Serum
National Organization of Rare Diseases, Overview and Comparisons
MedicineNet.com, MCTD vs UCTD, Explanation of Differences
The Arthritis Society, Overview
MedicineNet.com, Overview of Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
Molly’s Fund Fighting Lupus, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease: MCTD Explained
Physician’s Guide to Laboratory Test Selection and Interpretation
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Mayo Clinic, S.L.E. Overview
Cleveland Clinic, General description of S.L.E.
NIH U.S. National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus, S.L.E. overview with images
Medscape, General overview of S.L.E. with diagnostic criteria
S.L.E. Lupus Foundation, General description with patient stories
Molly’s Fund Fighting Lupus, Quick Facts
Yale Daily News, Discusses a new Yale study which may lead to cure for lupus
Medical News Today, Discusses possible persoanlized treatment plans for autoimmune treatment based on the findings of researchers at the University of Alabama, Birmingham.
Mayo Clinic, General Description
Cleveland Clinic, An Overview
American College of Rheumatology, General description and treatment options
The Johns Hopkins Scleroderma Center, Understanding Scleroderma
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, Fast Facts
Scleroderma Foundation, Patient friendly overview
Overlapping Conditions in Systemic Sclerosis, From Scleroderma Foundation and Tamiko Katsumoto, M.D.
( watch on YouTube )
Mayo Clinic, Definition and overview
Muscular Dystrophy Association, Fighting Muscle Disease, Basics of PM
Cleveland Clinic, Overview
National Organization for Rare Diseases (NORD), Types of PM and overview
National Fibromyalgia Association, Home
Fibromyalgia Network, Fibromyalgia Treatment and Research News
Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome from VeryWell
Arthritis Foundation, Home
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Yahoo Helminthic Therapy Forum, Description of Helminthic Therapy
Sleep, Memory, Brain
The New York Times, How Exercise Can Help Us Sleep Better
Everday Health, Autoimmune Disease and Sleep Problems, Madeline Vann, MPH
Sleepdex, Sleep and the Immune System
For a comprehensive list of medications used in Rheumatological Disease, please visit the Arthritis Foundation website @ http://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/medication/drug-guide/
The following are interesting articles and information found to enhance the basic material available there.
Description of Hydroxychloroquine including Fast facts and Points to remember.
Johns Hopkins Lupus Center provides detailed patient information on Anti-Malarial Drugs
FDA Unveils Sweeping Changes to Opioid Policies – Published in Medscape – February 2016
NIH U.S. Library of Medicine, Medline Plus, Overview of methotrexate
NCBI Pub Med, Folic acid and folinic acid for reducing side effects of methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis. A research study.
Health Central, How do Biologics Treat RA, Dr. Dana Jerome and Dr.Chris Morris
How to Support a Loved One With a Chronic Illness
If you are on Facebook, please join us at MCTD-Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (closed group) where you can ask any question in private and have any number of people around the world answering your questions at any hour of the day or night with their own personal experience.
Johns Hopkins Lupus Center, Things to Avoid
Livestrong, Melatonin and Autoimmune Disease